Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lonz joins the BlogSpot Community

To one and all, our dear Lonz from BigBlob has mentioned to me in a comment on a recent post on BBlog ref: http://terrys.bigblog.com.au/post.do?id=175532 that he has started a BS Blog.

Welcome Lonz --- I haven't found your BS URL yet but I'll let others know as soon as I find out what it is.

You'll find things faster and easier on BS, and for a guy like you with the HTML know-how, this facility will be great for you because it allows you so much freedom to directly edit anything you do in HTML. I'm not so good at that myself but I'm reading up on it and I'll be trying out all sorts of things in the near future (starting today probably). I've already tried out sending a post via email, and it's so easy. The next thing I'm going to try is including HTML in an emailed post.

When you opt to have email sent to you when someone comments on any posts, you get the text of the comment in your email, with a link at the bottom of the email that you can click on, that takes you straight to the comment editor for that post - absolutely great. Another link allows you to optout of getting emails for that post.

I know you are going to be at home on BS, and I wish you all the best.

(P.S. I hope you've posted your poem already - that would be a great start)

11 comments:

  1. Hey it is great to hear Lonz is here in blogspot hope to find the URL soon I will have a look but I usually suck at finding them...lol

    I do like BS it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Terry, I just found your comment on my Bigbog, thanks for leaving this url for me. It certainly seems like BS may be a better option, I'm having troubles logging in to Bp now - it just seems to get worse. Cheers ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well i don`t think it`ll be much longer now and we`ll all be here...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Terry,
    I found what you are looking for.....
    http://lonziz.blogspot.com/
    I presume it's the one you wanted?

    You can delete this comment if you wish...

    Take care,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. It think my profile image is posted with a comment because I have an option set in Settings/comments:
    ===========
    Show profile images on comments? Yes
    ===========

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all.

    Thank you especially to Margaret for supplying Lonz's URL on BS.
    I've already had the chance to bug him with my blather..

    Hey Lonz.. Guess who's at the top of the most popular posts? Why me of course - how about that? To bad I'm not that interested in either the subject of the post or BB anymore. I just wish that Grotty'd come over here but it's not likely to happen soon.

    I agree with Mandy, it won't be long before we're all here and no longer having to put up with BB's problems. You'd think that Bigpond would get on the job and fix their system up before they lose everyone.

    By the way Lonz, after I asked you about how you got your image on your comments, I read the BS help and saw how to do it, but I can't get BS to accept either a GIF or JPEG image into my profile. I'll try again today if I have time. Thanks anyway. I hate it when I do that. I try for hours to do something, then get frustrated, swallow my pride and ask my betters, then I go an' figure it out anyway. Then my question's moot. Ah well.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it is great that you worked it out!

    Terry you need to put everyone on blogspot on your favourite links...LOL

    Must try and make it easy for the bigblog people when they come over.

    Take care
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good suggestion Elle.

    I'ma gunna doit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terry, I noticed your Labour 'ads by Google', are these paid ads?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are allowed for google account owners only from 18th March 2010 due to anonymous crap comments.