Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cable Broadband not What it should be

I've been using cable Interenet now for a number of years and I've found that, though you get great download speeds, the upload speed is limited about 3.4% of the download speed as shown in this picture taken from a test at http://www.speedtest.net/:


In most cases this doesn't make much of an impact, but recently I bought myself a webcam and joined Skype. Now the upload speed is significant because your upload speed limits the quality of both your video and audio.

It appears that my connection upload speed causes dropouts on both the video and especially the audio.

I will be taking up this issue with Bigpond today to findout WHY, with an expensive connection with a superb download speed, I am limited to such a bloody awful upload speed. I'll get back and post again when I find out the answer to this and let you know what transpired.

Bloody Grumpy (as usual)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are allowed for google account owners only from 18th March 2010 due to anonymous crap comments.