Monday, December 3, 2007

Been a While - But the Christmas Lights Are Up

Finally got the Christmas decorations up. Took a complete day just to get all the lighting sets fully working before I put them up. I had to use the globes out of 2 sets to get the other sets working. Couldn't afford to buy new globes this year.

Some of the older sets that stay in place the whole year are starting to show their age, with the odd globe no longer lighting up, but I no longer have globes for them, and another set doesn't have replaceable globes (uses permanent LEDs).

I took photos on the first night at dusk, but they didn't come out too well. Too much camera jitter, so I'm going to take photos using a tripod as soon as I get a free night from work (definitely not working Tuesday 4th, so that'll be the night to set up for some shots).

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I'm working 2 jobs now, so I don't have as much time as I'd like.

We're holding Lorna's 50th birthday party on Friday the 7th Dec. (her birthday falls on Thursday the 6th) at a local reception place. It's a venue we are familiar with, and like. Should be a good party. Just a few friends and relatives (who are also friends of course!).

6 comments:

  1. Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passadinha lá no meu, que é sobre frases e poesias, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://mil-frases.blogspot.com. Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. G'day Terry. Just having a look to see what blogspot is like. Definately like what I see so far.
    No number verification crap is fantastic. Think I'll give it a go, when my Bigpond contract expires. As I'm planning to switch ISP's later to find a better value service and yep finding bb posting tedious. :) Have a great day mate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spagetti spaghetti. Hey you getoffa ma roof

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Terry, Love the new look much better then the orange!

    Saturday we put up our Christmas tree and lights.

    Good Luck with photo of your lights....I tried but did not succeed.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi folks. I don't know what Leticia said, and I don't like the translation software on BS. ANyone have any suggestions? Can translation be turned on and off?

    Good Morning to ya Joking Lad. Even though there doesn't at first seem to be a number verification on BS, it only LOOKs that way because most of us choose to have it turned off. But it's there if we ever need it. Mark one up for BS making the facility optional (unlike BB). You also escape from the log in time outs here. You don't even need to log in to start a comment. You can eneter your loggin details after you finish typing without loosing anything.

    I suppose the only reason you don't come over here now (the same reason Grotty isn't here) is because of the download limit on your present BP contract, because BS is free, and you get 1gB storage. I'm sure you can find a better ISP, or a better BP plan for your needs.

    We definitely need a comedian over here - Les has gone a bit dull of late! But he has his moments, don't you Les?

    Hi to you too Elle. I'm starting to feel like my ol' self again. I had another session with the shrink yesterday, and she identified a problem area that I had given no thought to. It broadened my horizons considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes it seemed you had a bit of a cosmopoliton theme going there so I thought I'd keep it going...haha
    Yes no time to be funny at the moment...
    google translate
    Leticia said ...
    I liked a lot of post and your blog is very interesting, I always go through here =) then gives a passadinha there in the mine, which is about sentences and poetry, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mil-frases.blogspot.com him. A hug.
    or have a look at the Babel Fish on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are allowed for google account owners only from 18th March 2010 due to anonymous crap comments.