Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm spending more time on FaceBook these days.

Hi there. Wondering where I've been lately?

Well I'll tell ya. When I first joined Facebook, I thought it was a load of junk (I'm still tending to think that most of it is!), but there some aspects to that I like.

For instance you can control who sees your personal videos, either singularly or groups of people.

So if, for instance, you have a regular group of people that regularly get together for BBQs and you take videos of the times that you are all together, you can share your videos with this group of people, and they can all have a look at them whenever they like.

Anyway, you can find me over there. Why not come over for a chat - Oh, bye the way - that's another thing BB and BS don't have and that's a facility to just chat with your friends when they are online. And FaceBook let's you know when they are - cool:)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,
    I was on facebook but I didn't like my full name being available, so I've de-activated it.
    I also got fed up with yahoo so I closed my yahoo account(including flickr).
    C ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Terry,
    That's good you find Facebook suits you and your needs. I don't care for it myself for many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Doug and Margaret.

    Maybe I was a little hasty with the compliments about Facebook.

    For sharing videos and photos with a group of friends it suits my purpose well, but Facebook is certainly not all there is to Blogging, and it doesn't suit my purposes for everything.

    I only have to look at some of the sites on Blogger (yours for instance Margaret) to see where Facebook has a deficit regarding flexibility and how much it ties each user into a set interface. But Blogger isn't as valuable to me in that regard, because I simply don't have the ability or no-how to create such an attractive sight.

    I still intend to keep all of my other blogs, and use them. They each have something special to offer.

    E.g. Blogger is great for people like yourself Margaret, where you have the desire and ability to create your own look on the web.

    Bigpond doesn't offer as much that way, but it's really where everyone is. And etc..

    Anyway, there are certainly more of my old aquaintances here than there used to be.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are allowed for google account owners only from 18th March 2010 due to anonymous crap comments.